Monday, April 23, 2012

Ready Set Gooooo!!!

It kinda went a little like this 
i got frustrated with a few things in life
so i got dressed and started running 
until i felt better
 well that was 6.5 miles when i was done
hey ! i did in 1hr 34 min

i realized 
Hey! i should run a race
so 
I did 
7 weeks before the Crescent City Classic
I started training
i would run at night i got better really fast
i was so proud of myself
and then by race day ......
There i was in a skirt and long sleeves
well i would never put my religious beliefs aside
 
i got on the bus and started that long ride to the start line
photographers kept saying wait we want a picture we have never seen it ran in a 
SKIRT! 
so
Click
Click
  and all the way to the front i maneuvered
and POW the race had begun
on foot in front the other it was like a had fire under my feet...

and what I'm to the city park now ..
wait what happened I'm at the photo finish line 
YAY!
wait wait wait... 
I'm done! 
there is the hubby and the kids 
OMG i did it
 
oh wait i cut off 30 minutes of my time
hey wait up did he just say my name 
yes he said your the first skirt i have seen all day and she made the top 2,000
out of 21,000 runners...
wow now that A RACE PEOPLE..

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes!I had some people today tell me I coulden't run in a skirt; you've proven them wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations. Your blog is so creative! It's like your telling a story out of your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing what you can do in a skirt!

    ReplyDelete