Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Seven Years and A Wake Up!



As I look back on the last 7 years of my life; I can\'t help but realize that one thing stands out. I remember the last time I saw my daddy, it was a Saturday morning in the lower ninth ward. That was not unusual I would go see him on Saturdays and spend time with him. But I remember that visit to be very unusual he had a different tone in his voice one that seemed to crack. He sat me on the edge of his bed and began to tell me that he did not intend to leave for hurricane Katrina and that if anything were to happen to him he had all the information on a piece of paper in his pocket in a ziplock bag. He would barely let me get two words out. I seemed not to realize that he knew he would not make it through the storm. I just thought that we were going on a little vacation and would be back to clean up the mess and move on like always. I remember that he told me that I had become a very beautiful young lady and very sweet. And as we walked out he put his hand around my shoulder and as I look back that was the slowest walk down his long drive way. As we reached the car he stopped and turned to me and wiped the hair out of my face and said "Be sweet and remember that your daddy loves you so much!" he hugged me and put me in the car and turned to my mother and told her as she was pleading for him to leave with us he told her that "God would calm the stormy waters !"

As I look back through the years I realize that he was right God did calm the stormy waters in his life. And I have had my hard days in these past 7 years when I comes to dealing with his death. I have learned that as much as I would like to be a crazy dream it\'s not . I wake up everyday and see him in the things I do and the way I look at things .

No comments:

Post a Comment